Tourism Ireland has compiled in a video some tips on how visitors can save money on their trip, and what they can do for free.
The video titled “Ten Top Travel Hacks for Ireland” (10 travel tips for visiting Ireland) has been done by Tourism Ireland and aims to convey to its tourists how they can save money on a trip there.
From travel deals, hundreds of World Heritage sites that can be accessed at low cost, cultural experiences, free festivals and even making a meal for little money (including some special offers in Michelin-starred restaurants), the video presents a series of tips to visit Ireland without going over budget.
Here are the 10 tips in the video to save on a trip to Ireland:
1. National museums and galleries are free.
2. Hundreds of World Heritage sites are free of charge on the first Wednesday of each month.
3. There are about 300 free events to enjoy at Culture Night, which takes place on September 29th.
4. Explore the island on foot to enjoy the views.
5. In gastronomy, you can save money by choosing the timetable menus before 7:00 p.m., and the markets organized by local farmers are a good option to bring food to eat while roaming.
6. Enjoy watching the Northern Lights in Donegal, a unique show. Or visit the places where “Star Wars” and “War of the Thrones” were filmed.
7. There are free Irish traditional music sessions in pubs all over the country.
8. There are several music festivals, gastronomy and free books taking place throughout the country.
9. Many tourist attractions offer discounts and passes for seniors, families and students.
10. Many places in Ireland offer free wi-fi.
You can watch the video here: